If you have bed bugs at home, the only answer to the issue is an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategy. Bed bugs are tough control pests. However, before treatment is applied there are things you can do to deal with the problem.
There are other pretreatment precautions you will follow after bed bugs are detected and verified in your house. Preparing space for examination of bed bug is key to effective management of bed bug.Interested readers can find more information about them at Bed Bug Inspection Near Me
Before any cleaning a thorough inspection allows you to determine the extent of the problem. Before treatment is applied it prevents disturbance and spread of bed bugs.
Checklist of bed inspection bugs
- Remove curtains and drapes from the window, place them in plastic bin bags and tightly seal the bags.
- Take from bed all bedding, pillows and sheets, and put in plastic bags. Seal the bags securely before being moved into the laundry area.
- Empty drawers, closets, night stands, wardrobes and tables, and put in plastic bags of belongings. Seal the bags stiffly.
- Place the shirts, jackets and accessories in plastic containers. Seal the bags securely until they are put into the laundry area.
- Place all loose clothing (e.g. clothing located outside the dresser) in plastic bags and wash as seen below.
- Remove all things from under the bed and on the floor and put them in plastic bin bags and securely close off the bags.
- Place all unwashable items ( e.g. plastic toys, books, electronics) into plastic bags for inspection and tightly seal the bags.
- Extract everything, except luxurious chairs, fabric and fluffy products and put them in plastic bin bags and seal the bags tightly.
- The luxurious sofa pillows will be stripped and laundered if necessary.
- Pull all furniture away from the wall at least 18 cm away.
- Remove outlet coverings, switch wall plates, phone jack plates, and light switch coverings.
- Remove all hangings in the wall (e.g. photo frames, mirrors) and clean and handle the objects.
- If necessary, delete TV set from wall panel. Hold all electronic devices in the service regions.
- If the heating or air conditioning systems are near to the bed disable the inspection front door.
- Undo carpets at the intersection of the wall / board. Do not cut the space tapestry.
- Remove all objects placed on the wall and put in a plastic bag for inspection.q. Remove the covers of the electrical socket and turn board.
- Drop books, newspapers, notepads and papers etc. into an examination container.
- Remove all from floor to allow thorough inspection.
- During treatment, animals and humans must vacate the area and wait outside the area for a minimum of four hours after treatment.
- When you are in the building with a fish tank, cover it with a towel or cloth because it is highly prone to pesticides.
- Disinfect and remove all clothing and other things before the bed bug issue has been fixed.
- Make sure you have keys to the bunk, bathroom, all furniture and baseboard for examination and care.
- Wherever possible, pry baseboard away from wall.
- Dispose of all plastic bags used to carry infested items into an outer garbage bin.