For some time now the legal scene has changed with an increase in specialized cases. Such deal with fields such as immigration and environmental legislation. The bigger companies have also not been very supportive of the economic conditions, because they find it difficult to handle large administrative overheads. From these times the idea of a boutique law firm has arisen. These were generally formed by practicing attorneys who left bigger firms and began their own practices concentrating on niche areas.You may want to check out Hilbrich Law Firm for more.
Attributes of a Boutique law firm:
- It is usually smaller than a law firm with general practice. Sometimes it could consist of just one or two lawyers who have come together because of a shared passion for a particular area of law.
- Most of these were formed by lawyers who left bigger law firms to begin their own practices. A good example is Chicago Law Partners that started with five lawyers from Neal, Gerber and Eisenberg law firms in Chicago.
- Instead of all aspects of law and order it focuses on a niche or a few niche areas. Chicago Law Partners, for example, only handles cases with non-profit organisations.
- They advertise themselves, like immigration laws or maritime laws, as “specialists” in their chosen region.
- The fees charged by such firms are usually higher than those charged by conventional law firms in general practice.
Pros as against a traditional law firm:
- A company that manages all kinds of cases may not have the profundity and knowledge required for special cases, including a divorce involving child custody.
- You might be able to get their services at a lower cost if you choose a boutique law firm that is passionate about your cause. And the devotion which comes from their passion for the cause is an additional bonus.
- Because of their expertise and experience, a boutique law firm may be able to help in prosecuting the case, in addition to battling it on your behalf.
- The consulting firm ‘s staff tend to offer more than just legal advice. They can also provide personal and professional advice to deal with the issues you may face during your legal battle, due to their vast experience.